I tried a new pulled pork recipe this week because I haven't found one I absolutely love yet. I think this one is pretty good base and I'm going to play around with it a bit to perfect it, but here it is for you to put your own signature on it.
3lb pork shoulder
2 cups water
4 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
1/8 cup of salt
1 large onion diced
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp ground mustard
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1) Place the pork shoulder into the ceramic base of your crock pot. Mix the water and apple cider vinegar and pour over the pork shoulder. Then add the salt and place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2) Drain enough of the mixture out of the ceramic bowl until about 2 inches of the pork shoulder are uncovered and place into the crock pot base.
3) Add the onion to the remaining liquid. Sprinkle the cumin, mustard, brown sugar and chili powder on top of the pork shoulder that is exposed.
4) Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
5) When done remove the meat from the vinegar mixture. I used a slotted spoon and placed it on a platter to remove the fat from the meat and shred it.
6) Return to the crock pot and add your favorite barbecue sauce. I used Sweet Baby Rays.